Skip to content
Did you know?
- People with OCD spend at least an hour a day engaged with their obsessive thoughts and compulsive behaviors.
- Even though they may get some brief relief after performing a compulsive behavior, they take no pleasure in these behaviors.
- Some people with OCD also have a tic disorder.
- There is no such thing as an “OCD thought.” People with OCD and without OCD have the same content of thoughts.
- However, people with OCD experience a significantly higher frequency and intensity of these thoughts and powerful urges to “fix them” through compulsions. In other words, with OCD it is the intensity level of and the reaction to these normal, but very unpleasant thoughts that is the problem.